Copyright (c) 2011 - 2021 Nir Sofer
- NK2Edit - Edit, merge and fix the AutoComplete files (.NK2) of Microsoft Outlook.
- DevManView - Alternative to device manager of Windows.
- DriverView - List all device drivers currently loaded on your Windows
DescriptionBatteryInfoView is a small utility for laptops and netbook computers that displaysthe current status and information about your battery.The displayed battery information includes the battery name, manufacture name, serial number, manufacture date, power state (charging/discharging),current battery capacity, full charged capacity, voltage, charge/discharge rate, and more...
BatteryInfoView also provides a log window, which adds a new log line containing the battery status every 30 seconds orany other time interval that you choose.
System Requirements And Limitations
- This utility works on any version of Windows, starting from windows 2000 and up to Windows 10.
- Some information, like serial number and manufacture date is only displayed if the battery provides this information.
- Version 1.25:
- Updated the tray icon tooltip to display information of multiple batteries.
- Version 1.23:
- Changed the 'Battery Wear Level' caption to 'Battery Health', which is the right term to use (Battery Wear Level is the opposite).
- Version 1.22:
- Added option to display the battery capacity in mAh (milliampere-hour). This option works only if the voltage of the battery is available.
- Version 1.21:
- Added 'Always On Top' option.
- Fixed bug: BatteryInfoView failed to remember the last size/position of the main window if it was not located in the primary monitor.
- Version 1.20:
- Added 'Automatically Scroll Down On New Log Item' option.
- Added option to automatically save every new log line into a file, in comma-delimited or tab-delimited format (You can activate this feature in the 'Advanced Options' window).
- Version 1.16:
- Fixed issue: The properties and the options windows opened in the wrong monitor, on multi-monitors system.
- Version 1.15:
- Added 'Start As Hidden' option. When this option and 'Put Icon On Tray' option are turned on, the main window of BatteryInfoView will be invisible on start.
- Version 1.13:
- Added thousands separator to the 'Charge/Discharge Rate' value.
- Version 1.12:
- Added more options to control the event types added to the battery log. (In the 'Advanced Options' window)
- Version 1.11:
- Added 'Mark Odd/Even Rows' option, under the View menu. When it's turned on, the odd and even rows are displayed in different color, to make it easier to read a single line.
- Version 1.10:
- Added command-line options for saving the battery information into a file.
- Version 1.05:
- Added 'Battery Wear Level' field, which is calculated according to the Full Charged Capacity and Designed Capacity values of the battery.
- Version 1.00 - First release.
Using BatteryInfoViewBatteryInfoView doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files.In order to start using it, simply run the executable file - BatteryInfoView.exe
The main window of BatteryInfoView provides 2 view modes:
- Battery Information:(Press F7 to switch into this mode)
Displays general status and information about your battery.The information is updated every 10 seconds by default, and you change this update ratein the 'Advanced Options' window (F9). There are 4 calculated fields that are updatedonly every 30 seconds or more.(Video) Battery Info View App for laptops
- Battery Log:(Press F8 to switch into this mode)
In this window, a new log containing the status of the battery (Power State,% Capacity, and so on) is added every 30 seconds. You can change the log interval in the 'Advanced Options' window (F9).A new log line is also added when the computer is suspended (standby/hibernate) and resumed,so you can easily find out in which rate the battery is discharged while the computer is on standby mode.(Video) How to Check your Laptop Battery's Health - Windows 11/10
In both view modes, you can export the battery information into csv/tab-delimited/html/xml file,by using the 'Save Selected Items' option (Ctrl+S).You can also copy the information into the clipboard, and then paste it into Excelor other spreadsheet application.
- Battery Name:The name of your battery.
- Manufacture Name:The name of the company that manufactured the battery.
- Serial Number:The serial number of your battery. This value is displayed only if the battery supports it.
- Manufacture Date:The date that the battery was manufactured. This value is displayed only if the battery supports it.
- Power State:The current power state of the battery: Charging, Discharging, AC Power, or Critical.
- Current Capacity (in %):The current % capacity, which is the same capacity value displayed by Windows.
- Current Capacity Value:The current absolute capacity, which is usually displayed in mWh units (milliwatt-hours).
- Full Charged Capacity:The capacity of the battery, when it's fully charged. This value is usually displayed in mWh units (milliwatt-hours).
- Designed Capacity:The full capacity of the battery, when it's completely new.
- Battery Health:Health the battery, in %
The Health of a new battery should be around 100%, and it gradually decreases. This value is calculated according to the 'Designed Capacity' and 'Full Charged Capacity' values.
- Voltage:Current battery voltage across the battery terminals, in millivolts.
- Charge/Discharge Rate:The current charge or discharge rate, usually displayed in milliwatts.
- Chemistry:Battery's chemistry: Lithium Ion, Nickel Cadmium, Nickel Metal Hydride, and so on.
- Low Battery Capacity:Manufacturer�s suggestion of a capacity, in mWh, at which a low battery alert should occur.
- Number of charge/discharge cycles:Number of charge/discharge cycles the battery has experienced.This value is displayed only if the battery supports it.
- Remaining battery time for the current activity (Estimated):The remaining battery time according to the current activity.This value is calculated according to the change of the 'Current Capacity Value' in the last 30 seconds.
- Full battery time for the current activity (Estimated):The time that the battery can hold when it's fully charged, according to the current activity. This value is calculated according to the change of the 'Current Capacity Value' in the last 30 seconds.
- Remaining time for charging the battery (Estimated):The remaining time for charging the battery.This value is calculated according to the change of the 'Current Capacity Value' in the last 30 seconds.
- Total time for charging the battery (Estimated):The total time that you need to wait in order to charge the battery.(Displayed only when the battery is in 'charging' status)
This value is calculated according to the change of the 'Current Capacity Value' in the last 30 seconds.
|/stext <Filename>||Save the battery information into a regular text file.|
|/stab <Filename>||Save the battery information into a tab-delimited text file.|
|/scomma <Filename>||Save the battery information into a comma-delimited text file.|
|/stabular <Filename>||Save the battery information into a tabular text file.|
|/shtml <Filename>||Save the battery information into HTML file (Horizontal).|
|/sverhtml <Filename>||Save the battery information into HTML file (Vertical).|
|/sxml <Filename>||Save the battery information to XML file.|
Translating BatteryInfoView to other languagesIn order to translate BatteryInfoView to other language, follow the instructions below:
- Run BatteryInfoView with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named BatteryInfoView_lng.ini will be created in the folder of BatteryInfoView utility.
- Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text editor.
- Translate all string entries to the desired language.Optionally, you can also add your name and/or a link to your Web site. (TranslatorName and TranslatorURL values) If you add this information, it'll be used in the 'About' window.
- After you finish the translation, Run BatteryInfoView, and all translated strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run BatteryInfoView without the translation, simply rename the language file, or move it to another folder.
LicenseThis utility is released as freeware. You are allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk, CD-ROM, Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge anything for this and you don'tsell it or distribute it as a part of commercial product. If you distribute this utility, you must include all files inthe distribution package, without any modification !
DisclaimerThe software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied,including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitnessfor a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental,consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
FeedbackIf you have any problem, suggestion, comment, or you found a bug in my utility, you can send a message to email@example.com
|German||«Latino» auf WinTotal.de||25/10/2021||1.25|
|Romanian||Jaff (Oprea Nicolae)||10/09/2017||1.23|
|Spanish||Jose Alex Sandoval Morales||19/10/2016||1.22|
Is BatteryInfoView accurate? ›
BatteryInfoView is 100% safe. It's a legitimate software solution created by NirSoft to help you get more details about your computer battery. It's doesn't contain malware.Is there a way to check laptop battery health? ›
Select Search on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes. At the command prompt, type powercfg /batteryreport, then press Enter. The battery report will be an HTML file that's stored in a folder on your PC.How much battery do I have left on my laptop? ›
To see more information about the battery, right-click the battery icon and select Power and sleep settings. The Power & Battery window displays the estimated battery time remaining and a chart showing battery levels over the past 24 hours.How do I check if my laptop battery is bad? ›
- Your laptop battery dies sooner than it used to. Most laptops can last anywhere from 3 to 10 hours. ...
- Your laptop takes a long time to charge. ...
- Your laptop dies unexpectedly. ...
- Your laptop battery looks bloated. ...
- Your laptop overheats. ...
- Your laptop tells you.
So, it's important to do your research when buying a new laptop and check reviews to see how long of a single charge battery life you can expect. Overall, the average lifespan of a laptop battery on a single charge probably ranges from as low as 2-3 hours to as high as 7-8 (or more) hours.At what percentage of laptop battery health should you replace? ›
Replace Your Battery When It Gets Below 80 Percent Health
No matter how well you follow the ways of the healthy ions, your battery will eventually, regretfully take a dive. Most sources recommend replacing your battery after its capacity falls below 80 percent.
Keeping a laptop battery at a partially charged level for as much of its lifespan as possible will help the battery last longer. Whether your laptop is plugged in or using battery power can also impact the environment. This largely depends on the time of day when your laptop is plugged into an outlet.How do I check the health of my laptop? ›
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Windows Security, and then select it from the results.
- Select Device performance & health to view the Health report.
There's no danger of overcharging a battery if you leave it plugged in all the time, even 24/7. As soon as it hits 100 percent, it will cease charging and won't start again until the voltage falls below a certain level. Fully discharging a battery will damage it.Can you tell me how much battery I have left? ›
Check battery life & use
Open your phone's Settings app. Under "Battery," see how much charge you have left, and about how long it will last. For details, tap Battery. For a graph and list of battery use, tap Battery Usage.
How do I check my laptop charging rate? ›
First, you can easily check on your battery's current charge. Click on the battery icon on the Taskbar, and a notification should show you the percentage of remaining charge available as well as the number of hours and minutes until the charge runs out.How do I check battery discharge rate? ›
In this case, the discharge rate is given by the battery capacity (in Ah) divided by the number of hours it takes to charge/discharge the battery. For example, a battery capacity of 500 Ah that is theoretically discharged to its cut-off voltage in 20 hours will have a discharge rate of 500 Ah/20 h = 25 A.How do I show charging power on Windows 10? ›
To check the status of your battery, select the battery icon in the taskbar. To add the battery icon to the taskbar: Select Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar, and then scroll down to the notification area. Choose Select which icons appear on the taskbar, and then turn on the Power toggle.How much does it cost to replace a laptop battery? ›
The cost of replacing a laptop battery ranges from $20 to $200. This varies according to the following factors: Laptop brand/model. Battery type.Can I still use my laptop if the battery needs to be replaced? ›
Just remember the battery does MORE than just give a power source, it gives the PERFECT power source for most units. This means that you can still use the regular power and things SHOULD BE just fine.Can a laptop battery be replaced? ›
Luckily (and contrary to what some brands might want you to think), replacing a battery in a laptop is one of the fastest, easiest ways to give your computer a boost. You can often buy a battery for around $50 and swap it into your laptop within minutes.Is it okay to leave laptop charging overnight? ›
There's no danger of overcharging a battery if you leave it plugged in all the time, even 24/7. As soon as it hits 100 percent, it will cease charging and won't start again until the voltage falls below a certain level.Can a laptop last 10 years? ›
Most experts estimate a laptop's lifespan to be three to five years. It may survive longer than that, but its utility will be limited as the components become less capable of running advanced applications.Why is laptop battery draining so fast? ›
Laptop Battery Draining Problem: Key Reasons
You are using the display of your laptop at brightness levels higher than usual. Your laptop is connected to numerous peripherals. The laptop is being operated in High-Performance mode. There are many applications/programs running in the background.
95 degrees Fahrenheit can damage your laptop battery permanently. Yes, this means on hot or cold days do not leave your laptop sitting in a car, sunporch or anyplace that temperatures may reach above 90 or below 40. Store your laptop indoors and avoid direct sunlight.
How often should a laptop battery be replaced? ›
Generally, laptop batteries become problematic after 1-2 years or 300-400 charge cycles. If your laptop is older, your battery has likely been living on borrowed time and is ready to be replaced.Should I shut down my laptop every night? ›
While frequent restarts do cause more wear on components, it's fine to shut your machine down daily. From a maintenance standpoint, shut down at least once a week. From a green energy saving standpoint, shutdown and unplug or turn off surge protectors and power strips.What are the disadvantages of using a laptop only on AC power and removing the battery? ›
Along with the advantages there are also some disadvantages of using a laptop on AC power supply: Keeping the laptop plugged in all the time reduces the lifespan of components of the laptop including battery. If power goes out, the device will be shut down and data may be lost.What happens if I don't use my laptop for 3 months? ›
It will run out of charge and will require you to charge it when you return. It will most likely require some updates too due to you being gone so long.How do I check my laptop for viruses? ›
- Click on Start.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & Threat Protection.
- Under Current Threats, select Quick Scan/Threat History.
- Hit Scan Now.
To launch the tool, press Windows + R to open the Run window, then type mdsched.exe and hit Enter. Windows will prompt you to restart your computer. The test will take a few minutes to complete. When it's over, your machine will once again restart.How do you check if my laptop is infected? ›
Open your Windows Security settings. Select Virus & threat protection > Scan options. Select Windows Defender Offline scan, and then select Scan now.How do I check the health of my smartphone battery? ›
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Under "Battery," see how much charge you have left, and about how long it will last.
- For details, tap Battery.
- For a graph and list of battery use, tap Battery Usage. To see or change how a listed app uses battery, tap it.
Click on the battery icon on the Taskbar, and a notification should show you the percentage of remaining charge available as well as the number of hours and minutes until the charge runs out.Does battery bar work on Windows 11? ›
In Windows 11, Microsoft removed the feature that allowed for toolbars in the taskbar. To use BatteryBar in Windows 11, you must select "Floating" mode during installation.
How do I know if my battery is healthy? ›
Go to settings > Battery and device care > Diagnostics. You can now tap on battery status to check its health status. There are other features as well (Camera, speaker and more) of the phone that you can test to see if they are working fine or you should get them fixed.Why is my battery draining so fast? ›
Your battery drains much faster when it's hot, even when not in use. This kind of drain can damage your battery. You don't need to teach your phone the battery's capacity by going from full charge to zero, or zero to full. We recommend you occasionally drain your battery to under 10% and then charge it fully overnight.What is a good laptop battery discharge rate? ›
Current laptop batteries are all Lithium-ion chemistry. When the laptop is off, the very small current used for keeping the internal clock going is less than the self discharge of these batteries. Search on the internet for “lithium ion solf discharge”, I found self discharge numbers ranging from 2% to 10% per month.What is a normal battery discharge rate? ›
To obtain a reasonably good capacity reading, manufacturers commonly rate alkaline and lead acid batteries at a very low 0.05C, or a 20-hour discharge. Even at this slow discharge rate, lead acid seldom attains a 100 percent capacity as the batteries are overrated.How much battery discharge is normal? ›
Battery drain depends on various factors and is different for different devices. On average though, anywhere between 0.5% to 1% per hour is normal. If it is more than this, there is some problem either with the device, the USB cable, or the wall plug adapter.How do I know the charge capacity of my laptop? ›
Click Start button and type cmd into the dialog box and hit enter. Next, type powercfg /batteryreport and hit enter. The Design Capacity is the original strength of the battery and the Full Change Capacity is performance you are currently getting.How do I know if my laptop is fast charging? ›
Check the Voltage and Current Output
If you see a cable that puts out power at 5V, 9V, 12V or even 2000mA, this is a sure sign that it's a fast charger.
Use the charger and cable that came with your PC. Make sure you're connecting your charger to the charging port on your PC. To speed up charging, charge your PC while it's asleep or turned off.Why is my Windows 11 battery so bad? ›
Windows 11 comes with a Fast startup feature. You can enable it to reduce the system boot time. But on the negative side, this feature consumes a lot of battery resources to offer the fast boot feature. You can try disabling this feature to improve your battery performance.How do I see how long my battery will last Windows 11? ›
Check Screen On Time and Other Details on Windows 11
Open Settings > System > Battery & power and click the View detailed info link above the Battery levels graph.
How do I get a battery report on Windows 11? ›
- Open Start.
- Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Type the following command to create a battery report on Windows 11 and press Enter: powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.